Our mission at Sound Source Music is to educate every student in the best way possible by providing the best teachers, learning environment, and materials in a fun and encouraging environment.
Sound Source Music has been in business for over 38 years, and our teachers are some of the finest musicians in the area that specialize in almost every style… from rock to country, jazz, blues, metal, classical, and more. Our annual spring recitals offer students an opportunity to play in front of an audience. We also offer our performance class where we match students in a band setting and mentor them to play live gigs in the community.
Why take music lessons?
- Lessons are the fastest and best way to learn you instrument and become a better musician.
- Music lessons improve performance at school in math and reading. (Neurological Research, March 21, 1999)
- Music education helps reduce “disruptive behavior” in school-aged students. (National Education Longitudinal Study)
- Music training is superior to computer in enhancing children’s abstract reasoning skills, the skills necessary in learning math and science. (Neurological Research, Vol. 19, February 1997)
How does it work?
- 30 minute lessons
- Meets once per week
- Private one-on-one instruction
- Lessons available Monday through Saturday
- Convenient after-school and evening lesson times
- Lessons available in: Guitar, Piano, Bass, Drums, Uke, Voice
- Special group classes/Learn-How-To series: Rock band 101, performance Band Join other students in perfroming in a band setting with a Sound Source instructor guiding you on how to play in a band.
How do I get started?
Call 217-258-8919 or stop in during business hours. we’ll help you set up lessons with a teacher that fits your style and a time that fits your schedule… Sign up today!!!
Tuition is based on weekly, 1/2 hour PRIVATE sessions. Payments of $17.50 per lesson (individual) + discounts available for auto check withdraw and family lessons (more than 1 student per household).
Tuition is paid to reserve a specific time slot with an instructor. If an instructor misses, a credit will be issued. Weather credits are issued if Mattoon Schools are closed. Holidays: Any time Sound Source Music is closed for a holiday, a credit will be issued.
- Rod Evans – Guitar/Uke
- Coby Upton – Guitar/Uke
- Elizibeth Halbe – Piano/Voice
- Sheila Smith – Piano
- Louise Connett – Piano / Voice
- David Caughran – Guitar/Uke
- Hunter Laughhunn – Guitar
- Jon Clarkson – Guitar/Uke
- Chris Robison – Guitar
- Steve Poggendorf – Guitar/Uke/ Performance band
- Mike Amos – Drums
- Craig Buckner – Drums
- Isaiah Edwards – Performance band/ Rock Band